The beauty of this phrase, to me, lies in the part of “learning HOW to live” as long as one is alive.
- Not what to do today.
- Not what to eat.
- Nor what to wear.
- Or what to invest in.
- Not what to do to survive.
But in fact, to focus on learning HOW to live.
If I could improve this sentence, is to add “better” at the end of it ie
As long as you live, keep learning how to live better.
But I digress.
How to live…is such a wonderful question and statement at the same time. It brings about conscious living, living better, existing better, doing and being better…and like the old saying: leaving the world a better place with me in it.
Learning how to live, is such a complex and open statement and encouragement.
To me, it brings about thoughts, feelings and ideas of:
- Learning to be human. To laugh, to cry, to connect, to love, to hurt, to forgive, to grow, to learn. I think to be human, is to truly have faith, hope, love, and to reach and impact another positively with the gifts and talents that we have been given with.
- Learning to let go, and let God. There are so many things that are out of our direct control, and yet, we worry about them when they are not in our control.
- Learning to appreciate where I’ve come from. Everything happens for a reason, and I hope to live in such a way that when I look back at where I came from, and who I am with, I get to enjoy the memories a second time, as opposed to doing bad stuff and regretting them later.
- Learning to be positive. That knowing and remembering that God is immensely good and has good plans for every one of us, despite having to go through challenges, sufferings, trials and tribulations, yet, as long as I’ve done good and though evil befall me, I will appreciate both good and hard times.
Learning to live…as a better person, entrepreneurs, employee, parent, son/daughter/in-law, healthier.
If you’re in a rough spot right now, don’t give up. I encourage you. Life will get better, you will get better, and you will get stronger. Keep on pressing through and you will get there sooner than you think.
If you’re in a good spot right now, good for you. I also encourage you. Look for people who may be in a rough spot, and reach out to them, touch their lives and help them. You’d be surprised how much higher this brings and takes you to the next level.