This is so true and profound and scary and real at the same time.
On one hand, all of us, me included, wants to live a long long life…but as Seneca’s “On The Shortness Of Life“, life is short in duration, but long enough for us to make it meaningful…if we don’t waste our time on living mediocre lives.
It is living well and excellently that matters, hence the need to realign and focus on matters that are truly important in our lives.
Question is, what IS important?
Is it what we FEEL is important?
Is it what we THINK is important?
Is it what others feel or say is important?
Of the three, none are true – what is truly important is finding out and executing few core things in our lives:
- Finding God/Christ
- Finding one’s spouse and growing old together; having and raising a family (for those who wish it)
- Finding one’s purpose, and doing it damn well (usually this entails helping others/adding value)
That’s it actually.
- Not just buying more shiny objects like phones, cars, houses, jets, laptops etc
- Not just eating more and more food after food
- Not just pursuing carnal pleasures
- Not paying for all the shit above with credit card loans and debts and more debts
- Not just making more money
So, excel in what’s your top 3 or 4. And do it damn well – excel in it, such that when you leave earth, you leave it a better place than before you. Live true and free, and make the world a better place.